Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kindermusik

Relating back to my earlier post on Kidzplex, I wanted to highlight another one of the programs offered there. We started Kindermusik the summer we first moved here, and C was only about 17 months old. I was just looking for something fun for he and I to do together. I immediately fell in love with the program and the teacher, Ms. Susan. She is truly great at what she does and is so good with the kids.

The following is a little excerpt from my other blog, written back in November of 2008. Look how little C is!

"C and I go to a little "music" class on Mondays called
Kindermusik. It started a little rocky because he just
wanted to run around and do his own thing, but we stuck
with it and he is getting better at listening and following
directions with each class. He loves to go and it's fun for me
too:)


Here he is before class started.


Waiting to see what was in the box.


"Scrubbing" the mirror.

This was the first time he was really exposed to having to follow directions in a group setting. As I said, it was hard at first, but he improved so much over time and the classes are so fun. We stuck with it through last summer, then I had baby girl and couldn't imagine bringing two kids there at once, although lots of Mom's do (yay for super moms!!) We miss it and Ms. Susan and I am now planning to sign baby girl up this fall while the boy goes to school. So excited!

Kindermusik is for kids from birth to age 5 1/2 (the website says age 7). Click here to see class descriptions and pricing. It is a little expensive, but really, I think worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment